Top Five Benefits of Steam Inhalation For Asthma-By Edter
The Ancient Egyptian had discovered the importance of steam inhalation for treating bronchial asthma. During this era, Egyptians are using herbal extracts to create essences. The essences for steam inhalation for asthma are added to the mixture to produce a soothing and therapeutic effect.
The advent of this practice increased the awareness of people to utilized natural treatment for bronchial asthma. Aside from its therapeutic effect, this procedure provides other health benefits. These benefits can improve the normal respiratory functioning.
Five Benefits of Steam Inhalation For Asthma:
Below are the five general advantages of using vapor breathing in as a homeopathic remedy for respiratory problems:
- Enhances blood circulation. Basic medical theories explain that humidity can cause vasodilation. It means that the blood vessels are widened to accommodate normal blood flow. Using vapor breathing in can help reduce the occurrence of migraine and headache. These are associating symptoms of bronchial asthma that must be relieved.
- Considered as Natural Expectorants. The steam moistens the airway. Thus, it lubricates the bronchioles and liquefies the thick and tenacious mucus. People suffering from bronchitis, emphysema, and bronchial asthma are known to have sticky sputum. As a result, this can block the normal pathway of oxygen. Getting rid of thick sputum can prevent the worsening of asthma attack.
- It is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory. Bronchial asthma can also cause irritation or inflammation to the sinuses. Moreover, the airway becomes dry especially during and after the asthma attack. The use of steam inhalation for asthma will not just loosen the sputum or improves the airway but it has therapeutic effect to relieve inflammation of the nares and prevents dryness of the airway.
- Acts as a Stress Reliever. Another factor that can precipitate bronchial asthma is stress. Therefore, this factor should be eliminated to prevent the attack. Using of this procedure can soothe a person’s mind. Furthermore, its ability to improve the blood circulation can enhance the blood supply to the brain. This includes oxygen supply, as well.
- Can be used as cosmetic or hygienic procedure. Steam is used as a natural cleanser for face. It opens the skin pores and releases the toxins found in these areas. Several practitioners are using this method to treat skin problems such as acne. Moreover, people suffering from skin asthma can also benefit from using this method.
The effect of steam inhalation for asthma is very advantageous for the well-being of an asthmatic person. Additionally, the use of safe essential oils can add the benefits of this therapy.
Below are the common essential oils for steam inhalation. This includes its specific effects to the body.
Common Essential Oils Used for Steam Inhalation For Asthma
Oils that are used for dryness of the skin include peppermint, comfrey, rosemary, fennel, and sea backthorn. For treating any respiratory problems such as nasal congestions, use eucalyptus or peppermint oils.
The rosemary, fennel, anise, chamomile, lavender, and lemongrass extracts are effective for oily skin. As for stress reliever, use oil extracts from lavender or chamomile. Along with lemongrass oils, steam inhalation can soothe the mind.
Using of essential oils must not exceed than three drops. Use the essences sparingly to prevent irritation or worsening of the condition. Pregnant women with asthma or people with underlying health problems must consult their doctor regarding the specific use of essential oils. – By Edterchelle Soriano
In our next article we shall discuss about – Chest Physical Therapy: The Art of Natural Healing for Asthma