Side Effects Of Other Asthma Medications
This article is the continuation from Side Effects Of Asthma Medications first part.
Side Effects Of Cromolyn Sodium And Nedocromil
These medicine are considered alternative treatments for patients with mild persistent asthma and can be used to prevent asthma symptoms if you know you will have an allergen exposure and use the medication in advance or beforehand.
Cromolyn sodium and Nedocromil are generally well tolerated with most side effects decreasing with continued use under immunization(the act of making immune). Make sure to tell your medical healthcare professionals if side effects do not resolve or become bothersome. Side effects include:-
- Bad taste in mouth
- Itching or Sore Throat
- Sneezing or Stuffy nose
Inform your doctor promptly if you experience:-
- Shortness of breath
Side Effects Of Xolair
Xolair, one of the immunomodulators (medications that can increase or suppress immune responses of the body), is given as an injection. As a reason, you may experience pain or swelling at the injection area. Subsequent common side effects include:-
- Viral Illness
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
- Sore Throat
There are two serious potential side effects you need to be aware of and consult with your doctor:-
- Anaphylaxis (an acute allergic reaction to an antigen to which the body has become hypersensitive) – A very small (0.2%) asthma patients taking Xolair injections may experience this potentially life threatening condition. Symptoms of anaphylaxis may include:-
- Sudden onset (beginning) of asthma like symptoms such as wheezing, cough, shortness of breath, or trouble breathing.
- Feeling dizzy or faint
- Hives (an itchy skin eruption characterized by weals with pale interiors and well-defined red margins; usually the result of an allergic response to insect bites or food or drugs)
- Changes in your voice, swelling of the tongue, or difficulty swallowing
These symptoms are a medical emergency and you should seek medical care immediately.
- Cancer – For unknown reasons, there was a small increase in risk of cancer among patients using Xolair compare to placebo in clinical trials (0.5% versus 0.2%). There was not any single predominate type of cancer noted. If this is concerning to you, be sure to discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before starting treatment. (Source NHLBI)
Albuterol Side Effects – Quick Relief Inhalers
- Appetite changes
- Nausea or feeling sick at your stomach
- Sinus pain
- Sore throat
- Tremor(a tremble or quaver in a person’s voice)
- Trouble sleeping
Serious Side Effects
Some albuterol side effects require you to see a medical healthcare provider immediately. These would include:-
- Allergic reactions like rash, hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Chest pain
- Ear pain
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Hoarseness(abnormally rough or harsh-sounding voice caused by vocal abuse and other disorders)
- Pounding in the chest
- Red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin
- Severe headache or dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Every medications have risks and side effects that you and your medical healthcare professionals need to consider before starting a new asthma medication or if your symptoms worsen. Side effects of asthma medication can be serious, but most are relatively minor or can be prevented under precautionary measures. Make sure you know when you need to consult your doctor about side effects of asthma medication.
“Again DO NOT Let Side Effects Of Asthma Medication Interfere With Your Asthma Control”
This concludes our second part on Side Effects Of Asthma Medications from:- http://whatasthmais.com/side-effects-of-asthma-medications/
DISCLAIMER (http://whatasthmais.com/disclaimer/): The information contained above are for educational and basic guide purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for any ASTHMA personal care. Please see your medical healthcare providers for diagnosis and treatment of any concerning symptoms or medical condition.
In our next article we shall discuss about – What you need to know commonly about Side Effects Of Medications to prevent unwanted sorriness and worrisome.